The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To Be Fair to Phil Hare

Hot air has a clip from Rep. Phil Hare (famous for saying he doesn't care about the Constituion) under the headline Video: Hare calls deficit, debt a “myth”  Now as harsh as I have been to the Dems, I was reluctant to believe that he would say something so obviously untrue.  I mean that would either be proof of insanity, or a lie so unbelievably stupid, you would have to think he was nuts to think he could get away with it.

Then I read on and… I think there is a defensible (or at least less nuts) interpretation to his quote.  Here’s what he said:

And we will see a terrible price that we will pay years down the road for letting our children down when they need us the absolute most.  I’m not going to be part of that, so every minute that I have here is going to be spent debunking the myth that this country’s in debt and we just can’t spend.

So here’s where I think Hot air is going wrong.  The Myth is not just “we are in debt” but that because of it we can’t spend.  So the myth isn’t really the debt, in that sentence, but the claim it means we can’t spend.

Now of course that is wrong, but its not as batshit crazy (or as mendacious) as Hot Air’s interpretation.

Still I concur with Ed Morrissey.  Run this sound bite all across the nation.  Let us know that even as bad as things are, democrats are ready to make it even worse.  And if anyone is in the position to vote Mr. Hare out of office, please do.  No one who says they don't care about the constitution should even be allowed to hold public office.

No comments:

Post a Comment