The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Story I Couldn’t Tell, Part III: The May 22 Hearing and Brett Kimberlin’s Bigotry Towards Me

This is the third in a series of posts that I introduced, here.

In the first part of this story, I provided an introduction and then talked a little about the law of peace orders in Maryland.  In the second part, I talked about the latest petition Brett Kimberlin filed for a peace order.  In this part, for the first time and exclusive to this site, you get to find out what he said and did at the May 22, 2012 peace order hearing.  Because of complex reasons I outlined in the last post, I chose not to show up at this hearing, so Kimberlin had the floor to himself, with no one there to contradict him.

I'm sure he won't use this opportunity to be dishonest, right?

It's only eight pages, and I will mostly let it speak for itself.  If you read the last post in the series you will already recognize the dishonesty in his testimony.  And if you haven’t read the last post, please do, so that you will in fact recognize all the dishonesty.

For instance, you already know about my comment about how he is going to pay for what he did to me (in a court of law), so you know it is false when he says:

And today, he put on his blog, he said, “Well, when I said I'm going to make him pay, I didn't mean that I was going to do something violent to him, and the fact that I got a gun doesn't mean that I'm going to do something violent to him.”

Well, first that is not actually a quote of anything I actually said.  Here’s what I actually said that day (just after midnight, in fact), when covering some of the dishonesty in his petition for a peace order:

For instance, I explained how Kimberlin and his associates put me and my wife in fear that they would try to hurt us.  And in the midst of that, I said:

I also purchased a handgun.  I had owned a shotgun since law school for home defense, but I wanted something I could more easily carry in public.  As they say, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  And I made sure Kimberlin’s crew knew I was armed, to make them realize that I was not defenseless.

He tries to make that out to be a threat of some kind.  The only “threat” is that if Kimberlin places my life or my wife’s life in direct and immediate peril, I will be able to protect our lives and I wanted to make sure he knew that to deter him from even trying.  Criminals should be afraid to cause physical harm to others.  That is the best order of things.

I have also said that he would pay the price for his attempt to frame me for a crime, which is nothing more than a confident statement that the justice system will wake up and exact a lawful punishment upon Kimberlin.  I have never said one word suggesting I would get violent with him.  I have admonished several people to refrain from violence and I have also carefully redacted personal information from the documents I have posted, including Kimberlin’s home address, his phone number and his email address.  I knew that if I posted this information online there was a danger that someone might exact vigilante justice for his criminal past and his present deplorable conduct, and therefore I took the steps I could to prevent that, consistent with my duty and right to print the truth about who this man is and what he did to me.

That’s not backing off of prior statements.  It is clearing up his lies and half-truths about those statements.

But there are two tidbits and they collectively they are newsworthy.

The first is where he said, on page four:

MR. KIMBERLIN: Well, he's a lawyer, he's got, he's on medication, he's got a lot of mental problems—

And then, second, on page 6, he says:

MR, KIMBERLIN: Is there a way to get him some kind of counseling? I mean, he admits on his blog that he's got three or four—

The judge cut him off, but I knew how he would end the sentence.  These passages confirm what I have suspected for a long, long time.

You see I have not made it a secret on this blog that I am learning disabled ("LD").  I have indeed talked long and deeply about how I believe the disabled generally can fit into society, here, and about my fight with the Law School Admission Council, here.  I have dysgraphia, which makes it hard for me to write by hand (but when I type on a computer I am perfectly normal).  I have dyslexia, which makes me read slower than I should, and sometimes causes letters and words to spontaneously switch around in my writing.  Anyone who follows me on twitter will probably see me joke now and then that “I am dyslexic, so I am fluent in typo” in response to another person’s embarrassing typographical error.  And I have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)—notably not ADHD.  ADD is simply a problem with concentration; ADHD adds a behavioral issue—hyperactivity—to the mix.  I generically say I have three learning disabilities, although I believe technically ADD is not counted as an LD; but it is a similar enough problem that I count it as one.

So yeah, in some sense of the word I have “mental problems.”  But these don’t make me less capable of dealing with the world and certainly not more likely to be violent.  Seriously, how does that work?  “Oh noes!  I switched the word ‘was’ into ‘saw,’ let me go hurt someone?”  It’s not like that at all.  A person with my disabilities is no more likely to be violent than a deaf person.  (And deaf people can be violent just like anyone else.  There have even been gangs of deaf people—where do you think the concept of “gang signs” came from?  Deaf people are just people—no worse and no better than anyone else.)

As I say, these disabilities mean one part is broken, everything else is fine.  Well, broken might be too strong a term, but you get the idea.

But the key here is the window it gives you into Brett Kimberlin’s thinking.  He thinks these learning disabilities make me weak mentally.  He thinks it makes me less capable of coping with the world.  And everything he has done has been based on that calculus which is why he has underestimated me at every turn.  He keeps thinking I will crumble and keeps being surprised when I don’t.  I have a strength he doesn’t expect.

And there is something else.  I can’t tell you all I know.  People have told me things in confidence that I intend to keep to myself.  But there is a distinct pattern in Kimberlin’s conduct where the people he chooses for the worst abuse are those he thinks are easiest to “break” psychologically.  He has singled me out because he thinks he can break me more easily than most people.

But in truth, if anything, I am stronger than most people.  I risk sounding arrogant when I say this, but I am probably the only person alive who can say he is both a high school drop-out and a graduate of Yale Law School.  It may sound arrogant, but to a certain extent facts are facts.  I have had tough times, I have faced discrimination and prejudice throughout much of my life.  Perhaps it is the case that my prior difficult life experiences made me stronger, to prepare me for tough situations ahead.  Or perhaps I was born this emotionally resilient and it just means that a weaker person wouldn’t have made it through what I had been through.  Or maybe it’s a little of both.  I honestly don’t know for sure.  But either way, I know that I have had to be stronger than most people to get through what I have been through.

So his statements in court that I have “mental problems” verify what I have suspected for a long time: that he is targeting me because of my disabilities.  And that makes this whole thing disability discrimination.

(Oh and yes, I do take medications.  I take Lipitor for my cholesterol and because I am a diabetic, something to help my body make its own insulin, so I don’t have to inject insulin.  And if you are having trouble figuring out what that has to do with any supposed danger I pose to Kimberlin, it’s because it doesn’t.)

So without further ado, here is the transcript itself, for the first time, anywhere:


So the judge gave him his peace order, but it is worth noting that he didn’t convince the judge to interpret him getting a Google alert in his inbox as contact.  So that was not covered by the order.

And that is it for this segment of the story.  It isn't long but this is a natural stopping point.  Next up, the latest false criminal charges he filed against me.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sound fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to donate and help my wife and I in this time of need, please go to this donation page or use the PayPal buttons on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even be within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  As you will see by the time I am done telling my story that this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.

And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

7 comments:

  1. Keep marching on. You are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron: I don't see anywhere that the issue of Google Alerts even specifically came up. I see on page 5 where Kimberlin says that he gets "stuff" "almost every minute," but he doesn't tell the judge that those are Google Alerts and the judge doesn't comment on them specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "blockbuster post" about Kimberlin's attempt to frame you was long, but 200 pages?

    Keep kickin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pharma-geek here. I'm pretty sure that the only effects of your medications on your mental state would be to make you pass out in overdose. So I guess Brett assumed you would... pass out and fall on him? He must live in terror of old ladies taking their nitro pills for heart trouble - they might faint on him!

    It's a shame you have to deal with such a scumbag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi:

    I suspected dissabilty discrimination was a part of this all along. I've got similar problems, but in my case they all arise from Cerebral Palsy (i.e they have to do with inability to control eye and hand muscles, and ADD because my brain has to route around the physical damage). My question is how absent being a badass lawyer do you deal with this stuff. Not the psychopathic bombers. But the little bits, you know prof refusing to accommodate, and DSO would rather you drop then they have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fairly certain that the "mental problem" angle was brought up to chill your 2nd Amendment rights in Maryland, in response to your comments about arming yourself. Maryland, and Montgomery County in particular, has a history of disarming citizens for minor psychological issues if/when they run afoul of the wrong government official. The most recent incident I can recall was someone in MoCo who PASSED a psych evaluation ordered by the court. Because the eval was ordered by the court, it was interpreted as being "committed for mental services" and was summarily disarmed by LEOs.

    In any case, my hat is off to you for your diligence in this matter. Keep fighting the good fight.

    ReplyDelete